QQI Level 6 – Team Leadership (6N1948)
The aim of the QQI Level 6 Team Leadership programme is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skills and competence to work as an effective leader and member of a team, independently and/or in a supervisory capacity.
The programme looks at the principle theories and styles of leadership plus the role and key functions of a team leader including motivation, communication, planning, goal setting and delegation.
Organisations are fundamentally about people working together to achieve set goals and objectives. Team Leaders and Supervisors therefore need to create effective teams which are all working interdependently with cohesion and team spirit to reach the organisation’s common objectives.
The Team Leader or Supervisor’s role is to focus on day to day performance of the team and its members. The Team Leader has responsibility for allocating tasks between team members, for ensuring that individuals are supported in the performance of their job role and that output conforms to the requirements of the organisation.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the stages of team development
- Identify different types of team and their different function.
- Identify the characteristics of an effective team
- Identify the characteristics of an effective team leader
- Distinguish between leadership and management
- Understand the principle theories of leadership
- Critically evaluate a range of leadership styles
- Demonstrate capability in distinguishing between organisational strategy, objectives and goals
- Establish SMART objectives
- Plan and communicate organisational goals in a team environment.
- Evaluate a range of motivational theories and how they impact on a team
- Develop effective communication and meeting skills
- Understand how to delegate tasks and responsibilities to the team members
- Lead and monitor a team project/task
- Take corrective action for the successful completion of a team project/task
- Evaluate the final outcomes against organisational objectivesThe role of the team leader.
- Communications for team leaders
- Strategies towards more effective team meetings
- The stages of team development
- The role of individual team members
- Definitions of leadership
- Review of leadership theories and styles
- Organisational challenges – an overview
- Definition of an effective team
- Factors that influence teamwork
- Building effective teamwork
- Supporting teams through the stages of team development
- Motivating the team – practical strategies
- Effective leadership – key requirements
- Team leading techniques
- Teamwork Planning
- Organisational strategy
- Evaluation and feedback on performance
- Time management
- Leadership versus management
- Team leadership and key employment legislation
- The Team Leader’s role in exercising authority and maintaining discipline
- Developing and planning a project/task with team members
- Leading the team in completing a project/task
- Monitoring the progress of the project/task and the team members
- Evaluating the final outcomes of a project/task
- Giving constructive feedback to team members
All assessments are carried out in accordance with QQI regulations:
Skills Demonstration: 50%
Portfolio of Work: 50%
Duration: 6 Days
IMPORTANT NOTE: ADDITIONAL TIME IS REQUIRED FOR STUDY & PREPARATION OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM SESSIONS
A QQI Certificate of Achievement will be issued following validation of results by QQI and the appropriate credit under the National Framework of Qualifications will be awarded to the candidate.
National Framework of Qualifications: 6N1948, Level 6 component award (15 credits)
See www.qqi.ie for further details.
Team Leadership Schedule
|Start Date||Start Time||End Time||Total Days||Additional Dates||Price||Book It|
|23rd January 2020||9.30 am||4.00 pm||5||30th January, 6th, 13th, 27th February 2020||€525|
All participants on this course must have fluent spoken and written English
For Full details please CLICK HERE