QQI Level 5 Communication Skills 5N0690
On successful completion of this course, learners are awarded QQI Level 5 Communication Skills Component Certificate 5N0690. This course can be used towards several QQI Major Awards in Healthcare.
Specific Outcomes include:
- Understand the key terms used in communications theory, recognise the kinds of listening required in different contexts (understanding, interpreting, receiving and delivering information), demonstrate a range of listening behaviours, practice communications techniques relevant to different situations, participate effectively in group discussions and negotiated decision-making, participate effectively in formal meetings, prepare and deliver an oral presentation and questions.
- Gather information from a range of written material including technical/vocational, personal, literary, business and media communication; read a range of texts critically, with objectivity and discrimination; apply a reading approach appropriate to purpose and the nature of the text.
Write clearly, confidently and expressively in a variety of forms; use vocabulary with confidence and in the correct context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of non-verbal communication and visual codes such as signs, symbols, etc.
Recognise the role of perception in the communication process.
Understand the importance of non-verbal communication in healthcare settings.
- Leaving Certificate or relevant qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- All participants on this course must have good fluency in English
This course is run over 10 Wednesday Evenings 6.00pm – 9.00pm
|6th February 2019
13th, 20th, 27th February, 6th, 13th, 20th,27th March, 3rd, 10th April 2019
All participants on this course must have fluent spoken and written English
Full details available here
Download an application form for this course Here
Please note mobile phones must be switched off while in class.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on courses awarded by QQI please visit www.qqi.ie