QQI Level 5 Communication Skills 5N0690
No dates currently available
On successful completion of this course, learners are awarded QQI Level 5 Communication Skills Component Certificate 5N0690. This course can be used towards several QQI Major Awards in Healthcare.
Specific Outcomes include:
- Understand the key terms used in communications theory, recognise the kinds of listening required in different contexts (understanding, interpreting, receiving and delivering information), demonstrate a range of listening behaviours, practice communications techniques relevant to different situations, participate effectively in group discussions and negotiated decision-making, participate effectively in formal meetings, prepare and deliver an oral presentation and questions.
- Gather information from a range of written material including technical/vocational, personal, literary, business and media communication; read a range of texts critically, with objectivity and discrimination; apply a reading approach appropriate to purpose and the nature of the text.Write clearly, confidently and expressively in a variety of forms; use vocabulary with confidence and in the correct context.
- Demonstrate an understanding of non-verbal communication and visual codes such as signs, symbols, etc.Recognise the role of perception in the communication process.Understand the importance of non-verbal communication in healthcare settings.
- Leaving Certificate or relevant qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- All participants on this course must have good fluency in English
This course is run over 10 Wednesday Evenings 6.00pm – 9.00pm
All participants on this course must have fluent spoken and written English
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on courses awarded by QQI please visit www.qqi.ie