Prevention of Elder Abuse
An Bord Altranais Approved (3.5 ABA CEUs)
The aim of this workshop is to increase participants awareness and knowledge of abuse of Vulnerable Persons and ensure they are in a better position to recognise it and report concerns.
- Understand what abuse is and how it is defined.
- Exploration of the different types of abuse and recognise the signs of abuse.
- Reflect upon how attitudes and behaviours influence the care environment.
- Explore guidelines and reporting procedures in following best practice.
- Be aware of HIQA Standards and Specific Requirements of Legislation.
- Documentation e.g. Incident Report.