Medication Management for Nurses
An Bord Altranais Approval Category 1 Approved – 6 CEUs
Aim: To provide an understanding of best practice in medication management and an understanding of the role of the nurse within the
scope of practice and An Bord Altranais guidelines.
The day will cover:
- Best Practice in Medication Management.
- Principles of safe administration.
- Monitoring of risks, e.g. polypharmacy in the older person.
- Regular reviews of prescribed medication following changes in co-morbidity and progression of disease or frailty.
- Medication use in the older person, phamacodynamics and pharmacokinetics, including pain relief, antipsychotic use.
- Crushing of medications, implications on practice and alternatives to crushing.
- Roles and responsibilities, the purpose of policies, procedures and guidelines.
- HIQA standards
Medication Management Course Schedule & Booking
|Start Date||Start Time||End Time||Total Days||Additional Dates||Price||Book it|
|9th November 2018||1.00 pm||4.00 pm||1/2 Day||-N/A-||€50||Book Now|
|7th December 2018||1.00pm||4.00pm||1/2 day||-N/A-||€50||Book Now|