Manual Handling (Including Patient Handling) Ref No. MPH
Aim: The aim of this Manual Handling course is to enable staff to follow safer moving and handling of people, to ensure back care awareness and to meet the requirements of working in residential care. The course is a mix of theory and practice ensuring participants have competencies and experience in the use of different
- Participants will learn how the back works and how it can be injured.
- How do we and our organisations can help to prevent back injury at work.
- How lifestyle can contribute to back pain.
- Principles of safer handling.
- Ergonomics a user centred approach.
- People risk assessment.
- Flexibility exercises.
- People moving and handling techniques.
Feedback from recent course participants:
“Great learning experience – I would recommend anyone to come here that needed to do this course the instructor was very helpful and was willing to help and give any information that was needed” – Karen O’ Mahony.
“Couldn’t be better – a great teacher A-1” Jennifer Gubbins
Manual Handling Course Schedule & Booking
|Start Date||Start Time||End Time||Total days||Additional Dates||Price||Book It|
|18th November 2019||9.30am||4.00pm||1/2 Day||-N/A-||€95||Full|
|13th January 2020||9.30am||4.00pm||1/2 Day||-N/A-||€95||Book Now|
|17th February 2020||9.30am||4.00pm||1/2 Day||-N/A-||€95||Book Now|
|23rd March 2020||9.30am||4.00pm||1/2 Day||-N/A-||€95||Book Now|