Manual Handling (Including Patient Handling) Ref No. MPH
Aim: The aim of this Manual Handling course is to enable staff to follow safer moving and handling of people, to ensure back care awareness and to meet the requirements of working in residential care. The course is a mix of theory and practice ensuring participants have competencies and experience in the use of different
- Participants will learn how the back works and how it can be injured.
- How do we and our organisations can help to prevent back injury at work.
- How lifestyle can contribute to back pain.
- Principles of safer handling.
- Ergonomics a user centred approach.
- People risk assessment.
- Flexibility exercises.
- People moving and handling techniques.
21st March 2023
24th March 2023
17th April 2023