Dates to be announced
Level 6 – Awarded by QQI
- The course will be delivered over an eight day period.
- On completion of this course, each participant will be equipped with insights increase their awareness of strategies into raising the standard of professional care of the older adult.
- The participants will elaborate their understanding of the normal and pathological changes which occur as we age. They will gain an awareness of the attitudes and stereotypes which influence the position and perception of the older adult in society.
- The learning outcomes will include an understanding of:
- The theories of ageing;
- The physiological and psychological changes associated with old age;
- Western society’s response to old age;
- Legislation and organisations which support older people;
- Successful ageing and healthy coping mechanisms.
For full information on courses awarded by QQI please visit www.qqi.ie
Click Here to Download full Course Content