Aim: To promote and sustain a holistic approach to protection of the vulnerable adult. To ensure proper procedures for reporting suspicions or complaints of abuse. To raise awareness for all those who work with older people.
Objectives: Participants will:
- Understand what abuse is and how it is defined.
- Exploration of the different types of abuse and recognise the signs of abuse.
- Reflect upon how attitudes and behaviours influence the care environment.
- Explore guidelines and reporting procedures in following best practice.
- Be aware of HIQA Standards and Specific Requirements of Legislation.
- Documentation e.g. Incident Report.