Aim: To provide practical Training to participants from the care environment in the provision of Adult CPR and the Use of Defibrillator. Competency in this area can greatly improve the prospects of preserving life while awaiting the arrival of the emergency services.
Objectives: At the end of this training participants will:
- Be able to competently assess a casualty and carry out a Primary Survey.
- Be able to competently place a casualty in the recovery position.
- Be able to perform effective CPR on an Adult casualty.
- Be able to use a Defibrillator effectively while awaiting emergency services.
- Understand the maintenance requirements of the Defibrillator as well as the ongoing training requirements.
- Accredited by the Irish Heart Foundation