Art Therapy in Health Care Settings- An Introduction
9.30am – 4.00pm
The aim of this workshop is to introduce participants to an understanding of the therapeutic potential of art as therapy. The workshop is designed for anyone who has an interest in art therapy in a healthcare setting, and may be particularly useful to those working or training in the caring profession.
The workshop will consist of an information segment, where we will present and discuss case studies along with a brief outline of the theories and origins of Art Therapy.
There will be an experiential workshop where participants can explore using art materials to create their own piece, and reflect in a group setting.
Art Therapy, Elderly Care, Palliative Care and psychological support.
- Understanding the distinction between Art Therapy and art activity.
- Appreciate the value of art as an additional channel of communication.
- Increased ability to identify appropriate referrals and to introduce the idea of Art Therapy to residents/patients.
- Knowledge and experience gained does not enable the participant to practice in the field of Art Therapy.
- All materials provided
- No prior art experience is required.
Kathy Hyland BFineArt (Hons) MA Art Therapy (Hons) (IACAT)
BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES TO CLAIRE: email@example.com