Activities Programme in Older Adult Care
Aim: Our half-day course will equip participants with foundation skills in adapting and developing an activities programme in older adult care.
The residents’ needs will be prioritised throughout and all of the programmes will be assessed to cater to each resident’s interests and abilities. Activities focus on the social and fun factor as well as the physical benefits. HIQA Standard 18 (2016) requires that “techniques such as life stories, reminiscence, reality orientation, validation, sensory equipment and music are used to enhance communication”
This activities programme addresses:
- Theme 1: Person-Centred Care & Support
- Theme 2: Effective Services
- Theme 4: Health Wellbeing
- Why Are Activities Important in Older Adult Care?
- Suitable Activities to Consider
- Activities in Dementia Care
- The Benefits of Activity – Psychologically & Physically
- Adapting to the Needs of Individual Residents
- Materials, Equipment & Resources Needed
- Some Good Practice Principles
9.30am – 12.30pm
Upcoming Dates: 30th September 2021 (Online Course)
For off-site training: Prior to delivery of this course (off-site) our tutor would be delighted to discuss any particular areas that you would like covered on the day.
For further details please contact Claire on 021 4536551 or firstname.lastname@example.org